Day 54: Prague

Breakfast at 11am! Our latest breakfast yet, but our gracious host said the first day that we could have breakfast whenever ^-^ My usual breakfast here has been: yogurt with a mix of regular granola and choco granola, sweet bread, grain bread, ham, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, eggs, kiwis, and a cup of tea. The kiwi and choco granola were a nice change from our other stays.

We head over to Florenc station to buy our bus tickets for tomorrow. It's good we decided to go today instead of waiting until tomorrow because it turns out they're doing construction at the station, so it takes us a while to find our way.

Afternoon at Prague Castle. It's the less-busy late afternoon ^-^ The stained glass in the recent half of the cathedral was different from other ones we've seen -- one Art Nouveau by Mucha, a Czech artist, and a few modern artsy ones. The ones in the older half of the cathedral were familiar. I was all ready to climb the 287 steps to the top of the cathedral tower for the third best view in Prague but the tower was closed for 'technical reasons' (is it always technical reasons here?). When K inquired, he was told that it's because there's so many tourists now that they can't fit all of them in such a tight space, so they closed it >_< I think there must be something they can do. Maybe disallow the tour groups but allow individual visitors to go up. Or set up a system where only a certain number of people can be up there at a time. How sad to just leave it closed.


Some random graffiti they left on the wall of the Old Royal Palace.

Letna Park wasn't mentioned in RS, but I saw it on someone's post on virtualtourist. I was a little iffy about it because I hadn't heard about it elsewhere, but I'm really happy we went. It was peaceful and probably the best view we've seen of the Vltava and Charles Bridge ^o^



We saw a really cute (and fast!) squirrel in the park ^-^

Random: There's a 19% (!) VAT tax on eating out in the Czech Republic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment